CBSA Welcomes Japan Customs Officer
Wednesday, 28 January 2009 15:54
A border officer with Japan Customs is now working with CBSA’s Metro Vancouver District’s Export Division. He will work closely with CBSA Metro Vancouver District employees and may at times accompany CBSA employees into warehouse premises and terminal operations property.
This Japanese Officer is stationed in
Through CSI, the CBSA works with other countries to secure and facilitate global trade in accordance with the objectives and principles of the WCO Framework of Standards to Secure and Facilitate Global Trade (SAFE). The Framework aims to do the following:
- Establish standards that secure the supply chain and promote facilitation at a global level to foster certainty and predictability;
- Enhance integrated supply chain management for all modes of transportation,
- Enhance the role and capabilities of customs organizations worldwide;
- Strengthen cooperation between customs organizations to improve their capacity to detect high-risk goods; and
- Promote the seamless movement of goods through secure international trade supply chains.
|< Prev||Next >|